Teachers Pay Teachers Facebook Blog Lovin' Instagram Pinterest Image Map

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Makeover Madness!

When I started making therapy games and activities for my students, I didn't really know how to make them look as exciting as they really were.  At the time, I thought they were amazing and so did my students...thankfully.  Well, in the past year, I have learned a lot about how to make these games and activities look amazing.  So, my goal in the next year is to redo some of these therapy materials.  I have been putting off this large endeavor, until now!  Emily Yost, from Third In Hollywood, has set out a challenge (Makeover Madness) to makeover one of your current products.  I accepted the challenge, so here is the first of many upcoming product makeovers. 

The game that I chose was my 'Sports Themed Games for Basic Concepts'.  I absolutely loved this product and it was one of the favorites among the kids that I worked with.  They loved to pick out the game board (there are 5 options) and game pieces (there are 4 options).  I picked the game cards based on what goals the group was working on (feelings, antonyms/synonyms, prepositions, sequence words, following directions, size/quantity or colors/shapes).  There are 329 game cards, so this game never gets old for me or my students! 

Even though I loved this game, there were a few things that I did not like.  Here are the things that I didn't like. 

After a few hours of revamping, I kept the basic items in the games, but redid some backgrounds, graphics and text.  Here are the results!

If you like this product or would like to know more about it, you can purchase it at My Teachers Pay Teachers Store.  To view other teacher's and therapist's product makeovers, visit Third In Hollywood

2 comments: